In summary, we made changes to include our new service features and all legal matters, including regulatory updates, clarification regarding the treatment of specific categories of sensitive data, compliance with laws about processing personal data and data privacy issues.
Version Date: November 15, 2016
Welcome to Classloom!
Classloom is a an open online platform offering its users ability to set groups, to add and share direct messages, announcements, events, homework assignments, documents, videos, photographs with all group members, to archive files in private library, to search among users, to view basic porfile of other users, to connect with others, to submit private or public posts, private and public file sharing and messaging, to follow open community groups, to receive Daily, weekly and instant email and push notifications through the website www.classloom.com, and our related mobile applications. Our mission is to provide an easy, safe and secure communication opportunity to each stakeholders in the education eco-system.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service.
- Our registered users (“Members”) share their real identities, engage with groups and other users, exchange knowledge and personal information, post content and view relevant content shared by other users and can directly contact with other group members and their connections.
- We protect your personal information using industry-standard safeguards.
- We may share your information with your consent or as required by law.
Information We Collect
To offer you a customized experience, to show relevant content and to make our Service useful for you we collect the following types of information as long as your use of Classloom Service,
Information you provide us directly
- Your first name, last name, password and e-mail address when you register for a Classloom account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, birth date, gender, profession, education, phone number, children name, location, user role). Some of this information (first and last name, picture, user role, location) allows us to help you or others be "found" on Classloom and can be viewed by all users in order to increase interactivity and networking among Classloom users. Regarding to your permission on your profile settings your email address and/or mobile phone number can be viewed by your group members. Your connections and group members also can view your job and education information on your profile.
- You understand that, by creating an account, we and all Classloom users will be able to identify you by your Classloom profile.
- User Content (e.g., texts, photos, comments, messages, documents, videos and other materials) that you post to the Classloom Service.
- Communications between you and Classloom. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails as long as you use our Service.
- Your group memberships and your activity information.
- You can update your information and remove content at your convenience using the features we make available or you may terminate your Classloom account at any time.
- If you close your account(s), your information will generally be removed from the Service within 24 hours.
- Groups content associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source. If you like to delete your content you may do this one by one before closing your account or you may contact with our support team by sending an email to email@example.com.
We use our own or third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, clicks, session duration, page duration and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies
Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers". Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hash tag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive.
How We Use Your Information
- Help you efficiently access customized content or summary information after you sign in
Provide customized marketing, advertising and/or sponsored content to you through Classloom web sites and apps and your communication details based on your profile information and messaging preferences
- We can send you promotional online messages through Classloom private messaging function.
- We can communicate with you through email, notices posted on Classloom websites or apps, and other means available through Service(s) including text mesaages and push notifications.Examples of these communications include: (1) welcome and engagement communications - informing you about how to best use our Services, new features, updates about your groups, communities and other members you are connected to and their actions, etc.; (2) service communications - these will cover service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning of our Services; (3) promotional communications - these include both email, SMS and online instant messages (Messages are only delivered through Classloom private messaging ), and may contain promotional information directly or on behalf of our partners, or Premium users. You may change your email and sms contact preferences at any time by signing into your account. You can also opt out of promotional messages by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- Develop and test new products and features
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- Diagnose or fix technology problems
- Automatically update the Classloom application on your device, Classloom or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service.
Share of Your Information
- We do not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Classloom for their direct marketing purposes without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
- In Classloom you share content in your groups, communities, and submit private messages, public or “connections only” posts; you should be aware that any information you choose to disclose using these services can be read, collected, and used by your connections, other group members, community followers including advertisers. We are not responsible for the activity of other users who reach the information you choose to submit through group, community, private messaging functions and by other means. You can remove your posts at any time. However, others may have copied and used the information that you shared.
- Your Group contributions are typically searchable on our Service by your group members; other people cannot reach those contents via search engines. However, Classloom Community discussions and your posts on community walls, your first name, and last name and profile picture may be reached by search engines and can be viewed by public.
- We may share information we have about you within our family of companies that are owned and/or managed by Classloom’s owners.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (e.g. maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties have limited access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to Classloom not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
Storing And Protecting The Informations
- Classloom works with internationally trusted service providers to give you high performance, powerful and secure service. In order to give you high performance service and protect your information you provide us. We may transfer, process and store your information outside your country of residence, wherever Classloom, its affiliates and service providers operate.
- Classloom follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Services. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center.
- However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Classloom, at all times. Please be sure that your password constitutes at least 6 characters including Capital letter, number and/or symbol.
- Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Members are not encrypted, and we advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
- Classloom keeps your content as long as your account is open. All content submitted to the groups are kept as group content and deletion of any group means all content submitted to that group will be deleted and will no longer available to any member of that group. As long as a group is open, even you opt-out of that group you can reach all photos you and your children tagged but you will no longer access to other group content including your own content. Please do not forget that Classloom is not a content, file storage service. You’re sole responsible to maintain and store any content you or other members share while using Classloom service.
Links to Third Part Web Sites
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SERVICE. Classloom does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. If you are the parent of a child under 13 who uses the Services or if you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to delete such information or account.
How To Contact Us
If you have any issue or question about this terms of privacy or the service please contact as at email@example.com.